Thursday 11 October 2012

Awake!

Yep it's Friday. Off to see Mick's band tonight. Hope to send off three or four new tracks for lib comp to listen to, they're all maybe a bit Philip Glass but I really don't find it easy doing the strings. Will let Paul listen later and tell me how shite they are. Getting the timing right is a big part of the challenge as all these strings have a delay so need bringing forward to be tight against other instruments. Finding exactly the right value is real trial and error, probably due to my sloppy playing in the first place.

awake cos I still ate too much after fasting. I almost got away with the large plate of pasta but it was that last waffer-thin mint, in the form of a teacake, that did me. Shoulda said no. Guts feeling better now after some Andrews, well almost better. Will slope off to bed soon. Jeez it's twenty past three!

So I didn't do much else this week. There are instruments I should chase up that I expected here by now but have concentrated on new tracks instead. Novel edited up to ch28 but still wondering about "likeability" and its importance. Do I really wanna put off all female readers for the sake of, well, an idea really?

Pat working Saturday night. Just remembered I had a call yesterday evening I forgot to pass on to her. Doh! Something about shift swap cancelled. Shame I was stoned and in the middle of some music so didn't take proper note. Ah well, if I ever look at this again I'll remember... not that I do!

Sure there was something else I wanted to record for yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment