Sunday 21 October 2012

Phew, late night but good night

Awakenings was excellent yesterday, in particular RMI and a new discovery (for me) cosmonnaughttransfer (sp?). And it ended with a Stylophone solo, something I won't forget in a hurry.

Made me pine a little for a P3 again, could still be the perfect step sequencer, especially V3 with its playlists.

Got a text from lib company wanting music for tomorrow. I agreed, still waiting for the brief. Hope it comes soon today! :) Will have to go see my mum in the week sometime.

Trip with Tony let me ask him loads of questions about other possible Prodigy mods. I have some ideas but will see how the current mods bed in first. Top of the list, I think, will be an MS20-style push-switch by the wheels that temporarily cuts out envelope triggering by the keyboard. Still aiming for that perfect, fluid feel without having to play legato. Gonna swap the LED for a green one, dunno if I want it to flash in time to LFO or not, would rather mess with the square wave a bit, add some kind of lag to it to smooth the shape. Of course ideally I'd like to recreate that accidental "spiky" shape I sometimes got when the switch was dirty. I know if I challenge Tony to do it he will. :)

A sunny day today but I guess I'll be working and miss it. Didn't seem to get much sleep last night either.

OK, new track started. A challenge but I have an idea and it should be do-able this evening, after darkness brings its own brooding inspiration. Strange that, whatever my own doubts and insecurities, someone out there considers me a composer. I shall endeavour not to shatter that illusion. So much for completing the novel synopsis and other association guff to send to agents. Tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment