Tuesday 23 October 2012

Sigh...

I knew it had to be too good to be true. A series of changes to do, the feeling of doom grows but I'll try my best anyway. It now has to be 20 secs longer and be far closer to the fucking daft punk "reference" track. Originality, nah, who wants that these days?

Edit: spent a lot of time cursing Logic tonight. Apart from a random crash the bloody thing refused to show me any velocity stems except on the tiny/useless window that I can get under the arrange window. Nothing I could do would make it work so I gave up. I extended the track, tried to follow instructions, I pretty much hate it now. Will listen again in the morning if I can bear it.

Calmed myself down by going shopping.

Last night's Headshock session was lots of fun, even if I once again failed to record something good. I really wish Wavelab would let you do multitrack recording so I could leave Logic out of the equation. As it is I hit record OK but failed to record enable the two tracks. So it pretended it was recording even though it wasn't. Not the first time I've done that, idiot!!

At one point I stuck some pins into the Synthi randomly and got this almighty crashing snare sound (helped by the Eventide Space). Recorded it and have just taken a series of the best hits to make as loops for later chopping and changing in the Octatrack. Should be immense! Would like to work on that this afternoon but should press on.

Also to do: set the Dark Time to sequence the SH-1 and find a power supply for the x0xb0x so Tim has something else to mess with. Actually could use that as a sequencer instead of the DT...

Dawn made a very hot vegetable stew with lots of chillis. Went round to bravely eat some and took rest home. Live and learn eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment