Friday 8 February 2013

Empty Vessels

So today I waited for the SK20 again. Or, indeed, any tracking information. I wrote a helpful guide for sending gear on EM Classifieds. It went like this:

 I've sent and received a number of packages over the years. Here's six simple tips to avoid most problems:

1) If you put multiple addresses on the box, they *will* send it to the wrong place. When you write the delivery address, make it large and clea
r so even an idiot would realise this isn't the place to add a label.
2) Don't give couriers complex instructions. Later, when asked why they didn't comply, the response will be: huh?
3) Pack well. Assume at some point in its journey your precious box will be handled by a baboon. It will. 
4) Insure it. 
5) Obtain tracking information. When the patient addressee asks, as the weeks roll gently by: where's my package? you'll be able to give them the tracking info. Better still, give it them right away. Volunteer it. 
6) Finally, good, clear communication and comprehension is key. Don't make the patient addressee feel like they're pulling teeth to drag info such as despatch info, tracking info etc. out of you.

Stick to those and we'll all be very happy 



Font weirdness now...

Fixed?

I'm staying remarkably chilled because I think the guy might have some issues and I don't want to stress him. See how evolved I am these days? How;s this font? Oh bugger it...

So my new tracks went down well - amazing! Of course they'll probably reassess later and ask me to change everything. Next up are some pure african and pure burmese. I've started some. Still hoping one day to write music I can actually do. 

Went to see John for a brew, not long enough but good to see him anyway. Pat watched for the courier but, of course, no joy.


I know, no reason for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment