Thursday 21 February 2013

Pushed into it...

Seems that April's gig will be a Headshock gig, I don't think I'd entirely persuaded Tim but the poster got advertised and he's going along with it, bless. It'll be good for us though, see if the amazing run we've been having in the studio is transportable to a gig environment. Which gear will we take? His new Odyssey I hope. Looks gorgeous and I'm trying not to be insanely jealous and so far succeeding. I remember when I had loads of cash for new  toys though. :)

Still, speaking of which, two new toys are coming today for review. One of them I'm especially interested in, both are analogue and four voices and potentially quite cool. Makes me think that if anyone makes a VA now it'll need to concentrate on the stuff RA can't cheaply accomplish, which is polyphony, effects, filter choices, complex modulation. It'll also need fab performance/UI or be in a small convenient rack. Also, shitty, steppy controls and resonance that's a grafted-on sine wave just won't cut it any more.

Must make a more vigorous start on the two bits of gear I already have, one had long-time but OS update means it should be reviewed now. Shame there's still that stupid design flaw, will see if I can coax a fix and stall for a bit more time simultaneously.




No comments:

Post a Comment