Saturday 24 August 2013

An odd Friday

Odd it was but we got through it. We were almost late for the funeral despite setting off in good time. The satnav took us to a closed road but we managed to get past that only to struggle with the idea that Cemetry Road is split into two and entering just a postcode and a random street number got us at the wrong end. We got there with a few minutes to spare and it started a bit late. Lots of people there, surprising number of family and as soon as it was obvious it would be a religious service, we headed for the back and maintained a respectful silence. These things are sometimes more about the family than the deceased and at least my t-shirt went down very well, Phil's mum asked about it so I'm going to get one done for her. We talked about doing a party for his party friends and of course I agreed to play. Will be odd playing to these guys without Phil with me.

So that was it really and I still feel, I don't know how to put it, dislocated. Probably the wrong word but maybe there is no right one. I'm gonna throw myself into work, which I can do as there's two new reviews suddenly lined up, plus having Colin around I was able to get the drum machine upgraded (and get some in-depth thoughts about its construction). I think the soldering is quite small and I might have buggered it up had I done it myself.

Colin left me an early production P3. It's fitted with a brill yellow PLED and it should satisfy my needs for a P3, plus we talked more about the alternate OS where the P3 can double as a controller for Cirklon and give the best of both worlds.

Pat's been doing lots of overtime, I really will be glad when she cuts back.



The seasons roll on and we're all in transit ourselves. RIP mate, you'll be dearly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment