Friday 16 August 2013

Gone, the week that is

I'd like to be able to report a string of successes this week but sat at my laptop now nothing springs to mind.

Installed the Behringer ADAT interface today, haven't turned it on yet but I do have an issue with monitoring with the computer off. As it stands I've connected my four (!) submixers to the 8 ADAT inputs which should be inputs 5-20 on the Saffire. So I can still use my group inputs from the main Yamaha mixer as I do now.

Shame the Yamaha doesn't have track direct outputs like the little Behringer but maybe the inserts can work that way with a standard lead inserted, will investigate later.

This week I've not heard owt about the new tracks so next week it's time to make a fresh start. Or find a job. Or continue with the whole inertia plan. Colin's coming Thursday and I've decided to get another P3 as I've been pining for it too much. So many things I want to do feel slow and cumbersome on Cirklon, mainly due to the reliance on display and those encoders. Knobs are better, simple as. Still keeping Cirklon though on the offchance Colin gets round to the fun/clever stuff one of these years.

Here's pix from this week's walks:



Today we had a nice lunch at a near-deserted pub and picked more blackberries. Jam so far is fab. I'm relaxing with Baumann/Koek and some beer. Dear old vinyl.

Made a joke mockup of potential new album cover. Still deciding if it's worth releasing my last solo album.


Ho ho. Should work on novel. Can I even remember what it is about?

No comments:

Post a Comment