Friday 9 August 2013

Studio rejig

I didn't sleep a wink last night, couldn't seem to shut off. Stupid tune going round my head like a worm eating the grey soggy tissue. Pat the same. She's volunteered to do a nightshift tonight too, hope she makes it through!

I finally decided to tackle the studio move around I've been half-contemplating for a while. No response to my new tracks so guessing they don't like 'em, and instead of being in limbo decided to occupy myself this afternoon after coming back from a pleasant lunch with Pat. 

So it started innocently enough. I moved the modular and the large Behringer submixer. And its box. Having cleared that corner, next came the next box with all my Moogerfoogers, Biscuit, Restyler, ER1, MIDI patch bay. It was starting to look messy but the space looked promising - the Yamaha SK20 should fit at last. I was thinking the modular will go on the wall, once I found the two shelf brackets I knew were around somewhere. Next I swapped the two Behringer submixers around, putting the large one in the place where the Perfourmer 2 was. Yes, I was now taking everything out of that vertical rack, pulling cables like a maniac and dearly regretting starting. And yet, I really do like reorganising the studio, I admit it. It's like therapy or something but at the end there's something tangible, like getting new gear because it's in new places. 

There's a large pile of rack kit floating around now, I'm gonna trip over something, especially as I've started on the red wine. I get the main rack reassembled and a fair proportion of gear plugged into the large Behringer. Briefly contemplate robbing the Spirit mixer all Tim's gear is connected to but that's a step too far - for today anyway. Plus all its connections are at the top, which would be awkward in the sloping rack. Out comes the drill and the modular is on the wall, the SK20 under it and a box next to it for all my little pedals (and later the MS20 mini I suspect, if it ever comes). At this point I give up for the day. Oh yes, I moved the Freebass to make space for the Repeater in the sequencer box. I'll take photos, but tomorrow. Gonna listen to the proms recording, which is Mahler's second symphony I think. Caught some of it on the radio as I worked. 

Lack of sleep starting to catch up on me. Had shower cos I stink, Nick R dropping by tomorrow on his way south, been a long time so will be good to catch up. Incredibly talented guy, gonna enjoy hearing what he's up to. 


This is a picture of Bob the bunny when he was stuck on the front of his cage. You can't see the long tooth on the top as it was curled right round, poor sod. He's getting quite tame now, came when I called today. Gonna miss him when he goes back. 

Right, bed calling... night night campers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment