Thursday 8 August 2013

Downer Day

Well, looks like the time has passed for conversation, my dear old pal is on what's known as the Liverpool Care Path and waking up is now unlikely. From the start of this it's a matter of days, I believe. I've held off telling Bammy cos there's nothing he could do anyway and he won't be back until Saturday. Maybe we'll go together then.

It's left me a bit lost and directionless. I've achieved nothing today except tidying a few clumsy parts of the current review but my heart isn't in it and it's best I don't write a lot in case my mood filters through. Instead I've been listening through old JIC recordings, including one when Bammy came and played with us. I know I should do something with the best material but have no idea what.

Pat's working and I'm catching up on my Proms recordings. Prokofiev's second violin concerto is up next and it's not a work I'm familiar with. Have broken my fast with a bit of rice left over from last night's takeaway. The pie from Garstang had grown white fur and I decided it was best left to its own devices.

Jasper's ear is, finally, starting to look like parts of it are healing. He was stressed beyond belief (soft bugger, had eyes like saucers) when we fitted the funnel collar and he kept deliberately walking into things to demonstrate how upset he was. I'm getting fed up of finding bits of black dog around the house though but he has not scratched so much today after we constantly told him off. Bob the rabbit actually came when I called this afternoon, which was nice. He seems so lonely though, can't be right keeping a rabbit by itself.

Today I played with drum machines and silently wished Colin would pull his finger out and get his drum thing done. Again, not really able to concentrate on what I was doing so quickly gave up. It's started raining.



No comments:

Post a Comment