Saturday 17 August 2013

Well bugger me!

Obviously not an instruction our Russian friends would be comfortable with but I'm talking figuratively not literally Vladimir you big hunk of manhood you! Sorry, Pat's got athletics on and I'm feeling weary with the subspecies of the human race and their pettiness.



So this is strange. It seems I no longer need my lovely Yamaha mixer. The ADA8000 works a treat, so far at least, and I can monitor with the Mac turned off by simply saving the monitoring config to the hardware. There have been some issues with it not always setting the sync source back to ADAT after a power cycle but it's really fast to solve and not a showstopper. Blimey, something worked! Multi-tracking in Logic kicking along real nicely on my first tests at least, after I turned off software monitoring to prevent the weird chorusing.

Oddly, the Pro24 calls its digital inputs 5&6 which rather disrupts my naming of ports. Logic is supposed to let you rename the inputs but oddly they don't show up in the program after that, or at least they didn't earlier.

May be worth moving some submixers to make best use of them and the available I/O.

I can't escape the front room tonight as Pat's aunt staying with us and kipping down in library. Bob still with us, no idea when he's going back although neighbours have returned. Ah well...

Watched a good film today - Valhalla Rising. Looked fab and soundtrack was great even if film was a bit ponderous. Shit, bloody Harry Potter on again. Dare I slope off to studio???


No comments:

Post a Comment