Tuesday 23 July 2013

Mountain Lion whimpers

Well, I noticed that some patches in Omnisphere crackled, CPU seemed surprisingly high even in Logic 9. I think it might be the OS.

The new monitor arrived and looks really nice. Could not screw it into its base, the screw supplied didn't seem long enough. But it's very large and looks darn impressive - Logic X is almost bearable too. Not lovely, still dark (but with bright white pull-down menus) but it'll do.

SO I ordered another 4Gb of RAM. I know, so much money spent and I still think I'd have been better off staying with the old OS, the old Logic etc. I realised that Ctl-N thing only works from the arrange window - but gives no indication it's done anything. So another illogical thing - you are forced into the piano roll editor to make changes that should be done at arrange level, then to write the changes you have to do it at arrange level. Silly but there you go.

Got told I can't buy the review synth I liked cos they need it. Will be more towards the end of August. Ah well, hopefully I won't have blown my cash by then. Sold the Monowave and the money came through. Not really anything else I want, except my MS20 mini which is taking forever.

Tony/Colin here Thursday, same day as Mick's gig. Must tidy up cos it's a total tip. Will mean no proper work that day - and I doubt we'll get to the gig once we're full of curry. Have pressed on with current review, wrote a lot in one session. I've been using it a lot so know it pretty well. Sent off short review this morning, need to get showreel up to date and start new dynamic push for more work - assuming I get time. Still have not done Lisa's painting, or practised it even. Feeling quite bad about that.

The guy never wrote back about the CS30. May be dodgy or he may have sold it to the first comer. Doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment