Monday 1 July 2013

The real world beckons

Well, first time in a while I've worn my suit when it hasn't been a funeral. Interview seemed to go well, at least I was happy enough with it - I can only hope they were happy with me. I do feel quite calm about the prospect of conventional employment, perhaps I'm just not pushy enough to keep looking for a decent library music company to work for, which is to say one that doesn't make me want to stand on a chair and scream each time I submit work for them to randomly disassemble or suggest pointless changes to, probably while pulling their tongues out at each other and racing each other around the office on chairs. I merely speculate of course, could have got entirely the wrong impression since I'm old and all that. :)

Submitted latest review this morning, seemed OK to me. Actually liked the thing and it's been darn useful while working on the software synth review I'm doing. Life is good, the sun is shining and I'm about a third of a way through the Stephen King I got. He's a darn good writer, seems to have infinite patience for faffy parts of story I'd never bother with but has a great way of making every word count, which is impressive given how many of the feckers he crams between the covers. I think it should've had a different title for UK audiences though as it's basically a date.

Now, should I catch up on my Glastonbury watching (I say "watching", I've skipped through most of it in quiet despair but did stop to watch Portishead, excellent) or plunge straight into Walking Dead? Must make sure the Returned records tonight as my Glasto pratting ended up cancelling the usual recording. Oops.

Off to see Phil in hosp tomorrow. All go. :)

Feel like making music too, have an urge to try and do a Man With No Name album since I totally love that stuff and the world needs more of it. If so I may need to dig out the Virus.

Those are my thoughts for this Monday, start of a new month and possibly start of something even bigger.



Another random phone photo (in case you were wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment